Friday, May 15, 2015

Save the best for last


For about the last 4 or 5 years I have had Art 1 end the year with an artist collage that they have to create.  They have to do a collage of artwork from 12 different artists and make it into 1 cohesive piece.  Basically they are creating a surrealistic piece with famous artwork.  I give them a list of artists and there are two blanks on there so that they can find some artists on their own.  I give them a couple of days to research and find the artwork that they want to use.  I then let them free draw it on an 18x 24 sheet of paper, or I give them the option of planning it in photoshop first and then griding it.

They also have to write paragraphs about each of the artists that they chose, and tell me what they used from that famous painting and in what medium they used.  It really is an extensive project and it takes the full two weeks.  That is why most of them try to do it in about 3 days.  You know as a teacher who has done this project before, I really don't know what I am talking about. (Please sense the sarcasm).

Below are probably the two best pieces I have ever received for this project.  So I thought I would show them off.



Hannah S.

Drea B.

No comments:

Post a Comment