Wednesday, March 23, 2016

My Evil project

So in my mind it was not an "Evil" project, but my Art 3 students didn't agree.  In fact after this project, they started painting emoji's on my wall (picture later) and the first one to go up was the mischievous/naughty purple one.  I guess I need to work on perfecting my witches cackle when I give out assignments.

The "evil" assignment I gave them, was an 18" coil sculpture.  In my defense it had been forever since we had done a big clay sculpture and I thought this was a great way to use up the rest of my clay for the year, and create a giant sculpture.  I mean there are so many great designs and textures that can be created with coils.

Well after a couple of long weeks (mostly because of their complaining) they finally finished them.  These are a few of my favorites.


Bree H.

Emily H.

Kayla E.

Mikayla R.
As you can see, a few of them got creative towards the end so that they could meet their 18" goal and be done with the project at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment