Monday, August 6, 2012

Thinking out loud

Well we are in the last two weeks of summer vacation and I have been trying all summer to come up with a way to use more technology in my classes.  I have debated creating a seperate blog for them, setting up a twitter account, or I have found a couple of sites like edumondo or weebly.  If anyone has some thoughts or ideas I would love to hear them.

My thoughts on using the technology would be to introduce new artists, ask questions, post contests, inform about assignments and whatever else I can come up with. I have played with the idea of making it manditory for them to post a comment once a week or just having it be there and hope they see it.  But that brings me back to what type of technology should I use if I am making it manditory?  What if they don't have a twitter account or have internet at home?  They should be able to get it done during school, but what if they can't.  And then how many points do I make it and do I make it a seperate catagory or would it be in that realm of sketchbook criteria?

Any thoughts?  I would love to know if someone has an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment