Thursday, April 5, 2012

Changes

Well...I am happy to announce that next year I will have big changes in my art room.  Two weeks ago I was told that instead of teaching 3-12 art I will only be teaching 7-12 art. 

First off this came as a huge shock, especially since I had already been in for my yearly rejection.  What I mean by that is that I have asked every year for the past 11 years or so to teach more high school classes, and I have always been told that they just can't see how it would work.  They need someone to teach the elementary art classes and that they were not planning on highering anyone.

So when we were called in,  well needless to say I was SHOCKED.   Don't get me wrong, this is going to be great in the long run for everyone.  My high school students will have more opportunities, I am no longer shared between principals (this is a big one, now we can make changes to the day without messing up my life), I can give more attention to my high school students, I don't have to constantly be putting away supplies or saying don't touch that it is for the elementary, and I should have more storage space.  Well maybe not on the space, but we will see.

I do have to say that after the shock set in I did have some sadness.  After 11 years I didn't realize how much I enjoy my elementary students.  They always have a way to make me laugh, feel talented, or as in todays case make me feel old.   Did you know that they did not have cars in the 90s  (1990s)  because that was a really long time ago.

Anyways, I am excited about the change, and a little nervous and overwhelmed, but I know that it will all work out in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment