First I got them in groups and then had them draw an artist out of a can. I did that mostly because I didn't want 20 holes of Van Gogh. I did let thme choose two out of the bucket and then they could pick which one they wanted so at least they got some choice. Then they had to research about that artist. They were required to make a sign at the beginning of the hole, they needed a border which they could bring in (like a hose or rope), they needed to make two clubs, then three obstacles and some way to collect the ball at the end. All items had to be made out of cardboard and then had to be painted.
Overall the project was a lot of fun. Next year I need to give more time and a few more specific details, but otherwise the kids enjoyed the project. It was fun to do something different especially when they are getting worn out at this time of year. Some classes had more fun then others, but I guess that is what you expect at the end of the year.
The biggest problem was space issues in the art room. I was happy that it was only one week, I don't know if I could have survived with that mess for longer than that.
|One group decided to use the stairs for their hole. It was pretty much a one shot and done or start over.|