Monday, April 29, 2013

A Close call

Since my art 1 classes are working at record speed, (not sure if that is all good) I thought I would add a Chuck Close style picture to our lessons.  Now I added this project only to have mother nature throw a blizzard at us, so needless to say most of the students are not yet done with this project. 

Why aren't they done you might ask, well before the blizzard hit I had booked our multipurpose room for our artistic mini golf course made out of cardboard (thanks Apex for that one).  Well when we finally got back to school I had to race through the Close project so that we could start the cardboard sculptured golf course last week so it could be ready by this week.  So I will let them finish these projects at the end of this week and turn them in without a penalty.  In the meantime, I thought i would show you a few of the better finished ones.


Austin A.

Hunter S.

Natascha D.

Sydney Hag.

Andrea C.M.

Sydney Hau.

Kamber L.

Danica H.

Courtney M.

Brooke O.
Since at the time of this assignment we had all sorts of time, I wanted them to do shapes in all of the squares and I was letting them have choices about medium and colors, and in the end I kind of let anything go.  As long as it somewhat resembled a Chuck Close style picture I was happy.

1 comment:

  1. I like Danica's drawing because its simple, but she adds different colors without having it look too overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete