Thursday, September 11, 2014

Jump for art

Art 3 started the school year by learning some photography basics.  One of those assignments dealt with shutter speed, and I wanted to make the project more valuable then just get the shot and call it a day.  So I had them draw someone jumping and then required them to draw that person jumping.

  I wish I could say I thought of it all on my own, but I happen to be looking at one of my blogs that I follow and I saw it on another teacher's site.  Of course, I want to give that person credit and now I can't find the post, but I am very grateful that the idea was presented just as I needed it.  So if it was yours, Thank you.  My students might not thank you, but i appreciate you.

Anyways, they did a great job and here are a few of those drawings.  I did let them alter the pictures slightly so that they could put some creativity into the photos, and I did let them get rid of the backgrounds if they didn't change them.  They were supposed to at least add a shadow or simple ground so that the viewers could see the reference to the ground.


Ashley G.

Demi H.

Hanna S.

Sydney Haus.

KaSandra K.

Malary M.

Yeva S.

No comments:

Post a Comment