Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Turning quotes into art

This year I started by putting up about 50 quotes around my classroom.  I knew I wanted to have my Art 3 class turn them into works of art but I also wanted to give them some time to wander my room and try to read some of them.  Some of the students noticed the quotes right away, and some didn't see them at all until I gave it as an assignment.

I asked them to find a quote that inspired them, to write their name on the quote to claim it as their own, and then to create something that made them think of that quote.  It was fun to give them the challenge and to see how each student approached the problem completely different.

Unfortunately I can't not remember all of the quotes and a few have disappeared.  But I will try, luckily most of them have put the quotes on their blogs.

Bree H. - "I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream"-Vincent Van Gogh

Courtney M. - I'm afraid so You're entirely bonkers. But I'll too you a secret all the best people are. 

Danica H. - "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, 
or rejoice because thorn bushes and roses."- Abraham Lincoln

Hannah S. - She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.

Mikayla R. - 

Paige Q. - "nothing haunts us more then the things we don't say" 

No comments:

Post a Comment