Monday, September 26, 2016

The potential of shapes

So Art 1 has been looking at shapes and artists that use shapes to create their artwork.  We looked at Frank Stella, Gustav Klimt and Malika Favre.  And while they had to do small studies of all of these artists artwork, I think most of my students were inspired by Malika Favre.  If you haven't heard of her I highly recommend looking up her work.  She is a contemporary graphic design artist that is currently working out of London, but some of her work has been for American companies.  She has a style that is some where between pop art and op art, but with lots of basic shapes and designs.

My students were asked to create a work of art out of construction paper that used shapes.  They could use all or some of their influence from the above artists.

Carter W.


Cassie H.


Damaris W.



1 comment:

  1. I think these look really cool. They have an image that fits me and have a lot of thought in them too.

    ReplyDelete