Friday, February 3, 2017

A little focus goes a long ways

I know I have talked about how to do this technique in previous years blogs.  I call it the John Lebeouf technique since that is the art teacher who taught it to me.  It is still one of my favorites to teach because it gives students that are not always successful at drawing an opportunity to find some confidence and shine.  So even though we were behind schedule I made sure we made time to get this in.  And actually it worked perfect to do it right after Christmas when they were still struggling to come back from break.  All they had to do was concentrate about a few dots and then connect them.


Damaris W.

Andrew C.

Cassie H.



1 comment:

  1. I think its awesome that this can be done with two different colors, black and white charcoal pencils. They look realistic and you can see the shadows and everything looks natural.

    ReplyDelete