Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Photo changes

I have been wanting to teach my students about photography for several years.  I started this year by teaching them the basics of a DSLR camera, and I have given them some assignments.  However, they have not been very good about getting those images in on time, so I had to make changes and up the challenge for them.

This semester I am requiring them to take a picture a week.  I would love to make it one a day, and that might still happen as we get closer to the end of the year, but for right now we are trying this.  Last semester I would give them an assignment that had anywhere from 2-6 pictures required and that seemed like a lot to ask every 3 weeks.  So this time I am giving them a photography assignment on monday and I am requiring that it is taken and uploaded to their blog by the following monday.

I had the first one due this monday and I got a better response than I did last semester, but we will see how that energy stays over the next couple of months.\

The first photo was "Winter".

Danica H.

Karly N.

Maggie H.

Talia P.

These were taken awhile ago, but I forgot to show them.  This was where they had to take pictures of food.

KaSandra K.

Maggie H.

Marcelle W.

Ryan S.

Sydney Hau.

Talia P.


No comments:

Post a Comment