Thursday, September 10, 2015

Design a line

So this year I am trying to change up my Art 1 curriculum. I'm not sure yet if it will be a good change, but I am trying.  That being said, I am trying to show the students all of the different artists and types of art that are out there.  For our Line unit I showed them three fabulous artists; Julianna Kunstler, Marcos Bernardes and John Fanzen.  Each of these artist use lines as the main focus of their artwork.
We started by dividing a sketchbook page into 4 squares and then we worked together to draw artwork from each of these artists.  In the last square the students had to design something of there own, but they could use the artists as inspiration.  Then for their final project I let them choose which style they wanted to recreate on a larger piece of paper.

Austin M. - style of Marcos Bernardes

Sidney H. - Style of John Franzen

Hannah M. - Inspired by John Franzen, but in her own design.

Sommer B. - combo of Marcos Bernardes and John Franzen




No comments:

Post a Comment