Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Berlin adventure

This past weekend I was given the opportunity to go to Berlin, Germany to talk to other teachers about traveling with students.  The company I work with is EF tours and if you would love more info about traveling with them please feel free to write to me.  They have been fabulous to me and I will tell anyone about my trips.

So EF sent me to give this presentation, but I also got to do everything that the others were doing.  Here are just a few of the things that I got to do and see.

This is a section of the Berlin wall.  I loved the design and colors on the mural.

This is the dome of the Reistag (capital building).  We were lucky enough to get to climb to the top of the dome and look down into their government assembly hall.  

This is the last remaining section of the original Berlin wall. This was on the east German side of the complex wall system.

This is a memorial to all of the others (Gypsy's, Germans, handicapped, homosexuals, etc) that were murdered by the Nazis. It is a version of the pieta holding her child in the center of this room with an Oculus over her head.

View of the Catholic Cathedral.

Catholic Cathedral

This is a gelato in the shape of rose petals.  Just so you know I picked banana and chocolate flavors and it was very yummy.







2 comments:

  1. the food looks really weird and i wonder what it took to make such a thing. It looks really ornate and difficult. But on the other had it looks pretty yummy.
    peder

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food looks really weird and i wonder what it took to make such a thing. It looks really ornate and difficult. But on the other had it looks pretty yummy.
    peder

    ReplyDelete