Monday, December 5, 2016

Painting with knives

Oops, I sort of forgot about this blog for the last month or so.  I guess that means I have been just a little bit busy with other things.  But that doesn't mean I don't want to talk about this fun art technique.

This is a very small and short lesson on how to paint with palette knives.  We look at simple landscapes that have at least one thing in them (a boat, a barn, a car, a tree, etc.) and then they have to paint with acrylic paints and only palette knives.  We do these on a 4x6 piece of foam board so that it won't warp as bad when they are applying the paint.   I then try to challenge them to use as little of black paint as possible.  As you can see from the first example that doesn't always work, but I do try to encourage them to think outside of their normal color box.

This project usually takes us about 2 to 2 and 1/2 days to complete.  Enjoy!!
Samara T


Cassie H.

Damaris W.



No comments:

Post a Comment