Thursday, January 12, 2017

Leaving a legacy?

I have been letting kids paint ceiling tiles for 17 years now.  So needless to say the hallways of the building are getting quite full.

That being said, I like usual, gave the option for my Art 3 students last semester to paint their senior ceiling tiles.  It wasn't until the project was taking them forever this year that I asked why, and their answer was that they wanted to make sure that they were perfect since it would be the legacy that they were leaving behind.  It turns out some of them have been thinking about what they were going to paint on their ceiling tile for years.

I guess I never really knew how much of an impact these tiles had on these kids, but it is good to know that they wanted to take them seriously and continue to make an impact on future generations.

Bridget B.

Jacob L.

Jaikob D.

Mikayla R.

Nikole K.

No comments:

Post a Comment