Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Superhero/Villain Challenge

This was Challenge #2.

So for our second challenge of the year, Art 3 students got to pick either a superhero or a villain that they would like to work with.  For this part I drew their names out of a hat and had all of the superheros and villains written on large pieces of paper.  That way I didn't end up with 20 Spiderman projects, this forces a few of them out of their comfort zone.  Of course most of them still got the character that they wanted.  So I guess I was the villain that was foiled in the end.

  I then had them spin for the new era that they would find that character in.  We used http://wheeldecide.com/ for the spinning action.  If you haven't used it, I highly recommend you check it out.  It adds a layer of excitement and suspense to the assignment, and who doesn't like that.  So for instance, if they picked Spiderman, (which I might add nobody picked), might end up in Ancient Greece.  Then the student was given the option of drawing, painting, or creating something that worked with their character in that time period.  So you could recreate their mask but add symbols and/or details from the time period.  I loved that this project was so wide open.  They could do anything.


Brooke A. - Black Widow in Greece

Emily H. - Green Goblin in Mayan

Mikayla R. - Wolverine in Medieval
If you need a list of superheros/villains or time periods let me know and I will get them to you.  We did discover that a few time periods were harder to work with than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment