Thursday, May 26, 2016

Copier selfies

I am a firm believer that each student should do a self portrait every year that they are in art.  So when I ran across this idea on pinterest, I knew I had to try it.  So I too had all of my students go into the workroom and put their head in the copier and hit the start button.


Most of them lucked out and got a good shot on the first time, but I had a couple that I am surprised are not going blind.  There is at least always one that just can't seem to get it right.  I also had another that was having so much fun she did several and then taped them up in other teacher's windows.  Just to say, the other teachers were not impressed, in fact I think the word "creepy" was used a couple of times.   But here are a few of my favorites.

After they copied, they had to draw on black paper with white pencils or charcoal pencils.

Emily H.

Mikayla R.

Paige Q.

Paige S.

No comments:

Post a Comment