Friday, May 20, 2016

Your hidden element

This was another one of my challenge projects.  I challenged students to go to Playbuzz.com and take an elements quiz.  They had to determine which element either they were or best describes them.  I asked them to take a couple of those quizzes so that they could see if they were consistent.

 I even stopped and created my own elements quiz, which was really fun to make, but a little time consuming.  I don't know if I will ever make another one, but it was fun and I think mine is the most accurate.  It doesn't ask dumb questions, some of the quizzes on that site ask the weirdest and most irrelevant questions out there.  I mean really, what does picking your favorite spice girl have to do with the elements?  But this might be my own pet peeve.  Any ways, here is the link to my quiz if you want it.   http://www.playbuzz.com/sdartteacher10/what-type-of-element-are-you

After they determined which element was going to be their inspiration, they had to create a mask that both represented them and that element.  It didn't have to be a full mask, but it could be.  Also they could use anything else they wanted to help create their mask.  Most chose plaster wraps for the base.

Courtney M. - Fire

Emily H. - Fire

Jacob K - Earth

Mikayla R. - Water

Riley H. - Water

No comments:

Post a Comment