Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I am not good at...

As an art teacher I hear on a daily basis that I am just not good at that so my piece is not going to be that good.  I try really hard not to roll my eyes and let out a huge sigh as I say "TRY IT!"  They will never know what they are good at unless they at least attempt it.  Also they will never fall in love with a technique if they never try it.

  It is amazing what trying something can do for your life.  I had never tried flying but now I can't get enough of it and the places it can take me.  I am not sure what happened to our kids but they are scared to try.  As an art teacher it is my job to make them try something and even prove to them that it is okay to fail if it doesn't work.

But back to the point.  About two weeks ago one of my students rolled her eyes and said I am horrible at watercolor when I gave the assignment.  But I told her to pick her favorite subject to paint because I knew if she loved the subject she would take her time with the project.  So she started drawing a tiger and then she started painting the tiger.  Now I think she did it wrong by painting the black early on in the picture, but in the end it worked for her.  But I will let you be the judge...



Joslynne S.
I don't think she can say that she is horrible at watercolors EVER again.  Maybe that is just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment