Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Licht and a Stein

I had Art 1 keep going with the pop art theme by looking at Roy Lichtenstein.  We looked at the colors he used, the simple ways he made action appear on the paper and the way he created a story in one frame.

I then had my Art 1 students look at ways to create interesting actions out of everyday activities.  So for instance someone blow drying their hair or cutting an apple, how can that look interesting and appealing.  We talked about the fact that we don't need to see the whole vehicle or the whole person.  Try to focus on the action and how to accentuate it.  Also if they had room they could add a word.  I also tried to encourage them to use dots, lines and other designs that he used.

After they created a plan, I had them draw it on 18x24 paper and outline with india ink and quill pens.  I know that sharpies would work just as easy, but I wanted them to experience how to use the ink and pens.  My goal in Art 1 is for them to touch every medium I have in the room.

Here are some of the better projects.

Adan M.

Bridget B.

Mykah W.

Jaymon L.

Sam S.

Carter H.

Mikayla R.

John M.

No comments:

Post a Comment