Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pop a Print

I have never really done a lot of printmaking lessons.  I don't know why, maybe because I have never really done any or have ever taken a class on how to do it.  So it is one of those mediums and lessons that kind of scares me.

But I decided to not only face my fear but to go overboard with it.  So I decided I wanted to do a double print.  I am not even sure if that exists but I wanted to do a simple print with styrofoam and then a more detailed print with linoleum carving sheets.

So first we started by looking at Andy Warhol's prints.  We looked at how he took simple themes and then played with the color of the paper and the color of the ink to make each one look different.  I then had the students come up with a plan for their project.  They were instructed to make a background by using the styrofoam boards.  They could do landscapes and street scenes and underwater scenes, etc.  I then told them they would have to carve a small linoleum piece that would have to fit into their first stamp.  Compared to the ideas that I came up with I think they had some great projects come out of this lesson.

Mikayla R.

Jack G. 

Riley H.

Mykah W.

Emily H.

Sam S.

Bella J.

No comments:

Post a Comment