Monday, March 21, 2016

State Art Awards

This past weekend we competed at state art in Sioux Falls.  We contributed 11 pieces from 10 different artists.  This was the first year that I entered something in all eleven categories.  I kind of new we had some serious competition when I dropped our artwork off on Wednesday, but I didn't realize how hard it was until I saw all of the hung artwork on Saturday.  I am very impressed with the level of talent that is in this state.  We might not be a big state, but we have some mighty talented artists.

  So when we got to the awards ceremony I wasn't expecting too much.  That being said I was pleasantly surprised that as a team we placed 3rd in the state.

Terra C. - 4th place in Printmaking



Drea B. - 4th place in Painting (oil/Acrylic)
Blake B. - 2nd place in Multimedia/Graphic Design

Courtney M. - 3rd in Photography

Naomi N. - 5th in Mixed Media




No comments:

Post a Comment