Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The other choice

So I knew I would have some students that didn't want to do quilling, and I had a couple of them that had done it before.  There lies the problem with a few of them taking my classes every year.

So the alternative project that I gave out was weaving.  I know what you are thinking, that is so easy.  Why even try quilling if the other option was weaving?  Well I did make it challenging.  They either had to weave unusual mediums together, or they had to find some way to make it complicated.  Of course most chose to create a material out of dried house paint.  If you have never done this, it is kind of cool.  I bought a board to do it on this year, but waxed paper does work.  So anyways, you spread a couple of kinds of house paint out into a big pool of area and then let it dry.  Depending on how thick you make it, it might take a couple of days to dry.  Once it is dry, you can cut it into strips.

Danica H.

Lexi B.

These two ladies decided to take their two different attach their woven paint to paper and then decorate with chalk pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment