Thursday, April 21, 2016

Haring togetherness

So the elementary art teacher and I both realized that we were teaching Keith Haring at the same time.  Since I was having a hard time coming up with a Haring project that would work for high schoolers (they are a little big to trace on paper) and she wasn't sure what she wanted to do, we decided to team up.

SO after we both introduced Keith Haring we met up in one of the gyms and my students put paper out for her kids to lay on.  After the 4th graders found a pose on the paper, my students traced them and then together they all outlined the figures with black paint.  Then about a half hour later, my second art 1 class came and cut them out and hung them up on the wall.  It made for a fun and crazy long hallway that everyone has said looks great.






No comments:

Post a Comment