Monday, April 18, 2016

Warhol would be proud

Whoops, I forgot I started making this post a couple of weeks ago.  It is amazing how fast time flies when it is the end of a school year.  Maybe it is just me, but I have way too many things on my plate this time of year.

Anyways, Art 1 did some printmaking to channel our inner Andy Warhol.  We looked at Warhol's work and then each student had to create their own four part, four color prints.

For this assignment I have them do both a styrofoam print and a linoleum block print.  Both techniques need to work together to form one cohesive image.  First they make and print the styrofoam print.  That one is really easy and usually involves a lot less blood.  I usually ask them to make at least 5 because they will need 4 good ones when they are done and there is usually one that doesn't work as well as the others.

Then I give them a small piece of linoleum.  Most of the pieces are around 1 inch, but if they ask I will cut them one that is a little bit bigger.  Then they have to use carving tools and carve out the area around their image.  Then I tell them to do a practice stamp on their worst image first, so that way they can work out the kinks and see if it works before they do their good copies.


Hannah M.


Baylee B.

John S.

Brock N.




No comments:

Post a Comment