Monday, February 27, 2012

Van Gogh's Landscapes

For some reason I have never done a Van Gogh project with my Art 1 class.  We talk about Van Gogh, we even take a test over him, but I have never done his painting style.

So last year I found an elementary lesson that used chalk and paint to create his style.  My 4th graders tried the project and it worked great.  So this year I figured if 4th grade could do the project high school should also be able to do it and do it better.  Well lucky for me they did not disappoint.

For this project I had them pick a landscape picture that had a focal point, but not a lot of detail.  We then use colored chalk and colored paint.  The only rule is that you can't use the same color of chalk with the same color of paint.  The color from the chalk mixes with the color from the paint to make new colors.  And since chalk can't hold a lot of paint like a brush you constantly have to re-dip in the paint which gives those short brush strokes like van gogh's style.

Sabrina

Emma

Chantel

Logan Z.

Brooklyn

Kenzie R.

Raechel

No comments:

Post a Comment